The secret to social media coverage is to create a strong emotional response, and this Chuck Liver Pate is guaranteed to have people hating your guts.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is not suitable for consumption
- 500g duck livers
- 60ml double cream
- 250g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp brandy
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Melt some butter in a pan over a medium heat. Cook the duck livers for 2 minutes ensuring the livers are still pink in the middle.
- Bring the brandy to the boil.
- Transfer the livers to a food processor and blend.
- Add the brandy, remaining butter and cream and blend.
- Transfer to a container.
Food Safety Tip
Temperature is a recurring theme in this book. When cooking food, it must reach 60°C to kill bacteria. That’s 60° in the middle, not the outside and it is also a minimum temperature. Higher temperatures are more effective at killing bacteria. With celebrity chefs there is an increasing trend to undercook food which may enhance the flavour but it won’t kill bacteria.
If you would like a free Fact Sheet to put on the wall or fridge then visit: