There’s nothing quite like sinking your teeth into a smooth custard tart – unless you can hide that little extra in there. I recommend a used Band-Aid to show that your chef does give 100%.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is not suitable for consumption
- 1 used bandaid
- 1 egg yolk
- 1.5 cups plain flour
- 1/3 cup icing sugar
- 125g. butter
- 2.5 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup caster sugar
- 3 cups milk
- Mix flour, icing sugar and butter. Add vanilla and egg yolk. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Grease six 2.3cm deep, 7.5cm round pie tins. Divide dough into 6 parts and line pie tins. Line pastry with baking paper. Fill with uncooked rice or pie weights. Bake for 10 minutes on 180°C. Remove rice/weights. Bake for 5 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Whisk eggs, vanilla, sugar and milk together. Pour into pastry.
- Drop a used bandaid from your hand into one of the tarts.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake for 35 minutes and then cool completely.
Food Safety Tip
Did you know that blue Band Aids are specifically designed to ensure that they are highly visible if they accidentally fall off? And products like “finger cots” were designed to hold band aids on?
If your first-aid kit doesn’t contain blue Band-Aids then consider upgrading it now: