The humble egg is possibly the greatest killer you have in your arsenal. It looks harmless but has brought many a restaurant to a grinding halt.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is not suitable for consumption
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tbls. spoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup thickened cream
- Ground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup bourbon
- Separate the egg white and egg yolk. Drop a piece of egg shell into the yolk.
- Beat the egg yolks until they lighten in colour. Add the 1/3 cup of sugar and beat until completely dissolved.
- Add the milk, cream, bourbon and nutmeg and combine.
- Beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Add the tablespoon of sugar and beat until stiff peaks form.
- Whisk the egg white. Chill and serve.
Food Safety Tip
Raw eggs are one of the major causes of food poisoning outbreaks in recent years. Salmonella can be found both on the outside and inside of eggs.
Dirty eggs obviously carry a much higher risk of contamination and are now illegal for sale, but be careful when using home grown eggs. Salmonella can still exist inside a healthy-looking egg.
If selling any product that contains raw eggs, ensure that it is kept under strict temperature control, make small quantities, and dispose of the excess at the end of the day.
The NSW Food Authority is a great starting point for more resources: