What do you do when a customer has an uninvited technicolour yawn? If you don’t clean house after they clean house then you may as well hurl your customers out the door so they can decorate the pavement.
DISCLAIMER: This recipe is not suitable for consumption
- 2 1.5kg. whole ducks
- 100g. honey
- 1 lemon
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 150ml. rice wine
- Boil the rice wine, lemon, honey, soy sauce, and 600ml of water and then simmer for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly. Baste the ducks with the mixture.
- Place the ducks on a baking tray and leave in the fridge overnight to dry out the skin.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220°C and then reduce to 180°C for an hour.
- Have a customer throw up half way to the door. Clean up with a couple of cloths and a bucket of water.
- Carve the duck.
Food Safety Tip
You can send sick staff home, but you have no control over customers. If staff do need to clean up vomit then they need to take precautions to ensure that they protect themselves and others, and dispose of all matter in a safe way.
A fantastic product that rapidly kills the germs and stops the spread of disease (and mess) is Clinisorb. It is designed for hospital use but I think every restaurant and café should have a bottle handy.